Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mock Trial Recap and Response

Recap the trial:
Trail 1
I agreed with the jury's verdict deeming that David Jones is innocent in the alleged rape of Susan Williams. I was chosen to defend Davis Jones in the case and found that the more I prepared for the case, the more that I agreed with David Jone's position. I think that charging someone with rape is a huge accusation and cannot be made unless you are absolutely certain that the accusations are in fact true. There was no physical evidence of any resistance shown from Susan Williams and she consented to sexual intercourse with David Jones in their relationship before. If Susan Williams really didn’t want it to happen then she could have left. David had let her leave before if she was feeling uncomfortable. I sympathize for Susan Williams because she is probably just confused with her feelings and looking back on their relationship she is probably just upset that she went that far with him. But you cannot blame David Jones because Susan showed no signs that she didn’t want to be there that night, in fact she was the one that kept continuing to kiss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment